Study on the emergence of clusters in certain structures for the elderly
Please find below the terms of reference for the independent study commissioned by the Government following the related motion voted in the Chamber of Deputies on 1 April 2021 and relating to the emergence of clusters in certain accommodation facilities for the elderly.
- 28 April 2021: Terms of reference for the study (in French)
- 10. Juli 2021: "Waringo" Report (in French)
Recommendations to accommodation managers and professionals
- Prescription by the Health Directorate in light of the recommendations for care and nursing homes as well as assisted living facilities (French version / 22.09.2021)
- COVID-19 recommendations for care and nursing homes as well as assisted living facilities (French version / 22.09.2021)
- The recommendations, information sheets and prescriptions published by the Ministry of Health during the Covid 19 pandemic are available in the "Health Professionals" section of the website www.sante.lu.
Application for a family support leave certificate
As part of the measures taken by the government to limit the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus, the Ministry of Family, Integration and the Greater Region has introduced a "family support leave" to allow employees and self-employed workers to provide care for an adult with a disability or elderly person, following the closure of a day-care centre, training centre or workplace.
Family support leave can be requested up to and including November 25th 2021. It should be noted, however, that the leave ends if the approved service notifies the minister that it has resumed its activities or part of its activities and that a place in the approved service is available for the user.
Public servants benefit from the same application procedure for family support leave as employees and self-employed persons.
The conditions and modalities of the leave
Employees, self-employed persons or public servants may apply for family support leave if the following cumulative conditions are met:
- the approved structure, which normally takes care of the disabled or elderly adult, has stopped its activities or part of its activities in the context of the crisis,
- the private-sector employee, public servant or self-employed person looks after the disabled adult or elderly person with whom he or she lives at home.
The leave may be split between the members of a household but cannot be taken by them at the same time. In this case, each person wishing to take leave must submit a completed form.
If one of the members has a strategically important activity in the current situation (e.g. health professional), it is recommended that family support leave be taken by the other member of the household.
Application procedure and supporting documents
The person who needs to make use of family support leave must inform his or her employer, his or her employer's representative or his or her head of administration as soon as possible, either orally or in writing.
Subsequently, the employee, self-employed person or public official must apply to the minister for certification of the need for family support leave.
The form has to be filled in by the person who needs to make use of the family support leave. The form can be downloaded : Application for a family support leave
The application must be accompanied by the following supporting documents:
- certificate of residence of the applicant and the person to be supported
- certificate of enrolment of the person being supported in the approved service or a copy of the employment contract of the disabled employee working in a sheltered workshop or other employment service
- attestation from the relevant approved service confirming that the elderly person or the adult with a disability no longer has a place due to the total or partial closure of the approved service
- description of the tasks of the approved service located outside Luxembourg.
Persons who have already benefited from family support leave only need to provide the attestation of the closure of a service and of the unavailability of a place (supporting document point 3).
The signed form and supporting documents must be sent to the Ministry for Family, Integration and the Greater Region:
- by e-mail: email@example.com (Scan or PDF with LuxTrust digital signature);
- by post: 13c, rue de Bitbourg, L - 1273 Luxembourg.
If the conditions are met, the Ministry for Family, Integration and the Greater Region sends a signed certificate, in duplicate, to the applicant, which is valid as a medical certificate.
One copy of the certificate is to be sent to the National Health Fund (CNS) and the other to the employer.
For more information, please contact the Ministry for Family, Integration and the Greater Region by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.