The Department of Media, Telecommunications and Digital Policy recently launched a call for projects in the frame of the national 5G strategy of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg. The call for projects is aimed at triggering innovative projects relying on the 5th generation of mobile communications (5G) or on similar or comparable technologies. Project proposals should respond to one or more of the following characteristics of modern mobile communication:
- Ultra-reliable communications with very low-latency;
- Ultra-high-speed connection with uniform service quality;
- communications between a large number of objects with varying service quality requirements.
Any organization can work on a proposal (companies, administrations, start ups,…). Projects can be submitted by individual organisations or by groups (via a project consortium).
On July 23 2019, the SMC organized an information session about the call. Participation to this session was NOT mandatory for the submission of a project proposal.
- Watch the archived clip from the broadcast.
- The Q&A round is currently getting integrated in written into the FAQ document
The following documents are available:
- Call for proposals: call document [in its latest version from 26.07.2019]
- Application form v. 1.2
- Grant awarding procedure
- FAQ v.3.2 (in its latest version from 16.09.2019)
- Draft grant agreement – currently under review
Questions about the call for project can be emailed to the SMC till September 1st 2019. Projects can be submitted till September 30, 2019, 12:00 (a.m., CET).
The team of SMC can be contacted via the e-mail address 5G@smc.etat.lu.